Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pages 39 & 45

Here's a few more pages from Across Thin Ice! Bit by bit, the comic is coming together. I'm happy to do be done with a couple of scenes which were getting (more than) a little tedious to paint. It gets remarkably boring to mix the same colors day in and day out. :P

I'm also almost finished with the "Bar Scene," which will also be a nice weight off my shoulders.



Pages 39 & 45:





Ambient Blue


I use a piece of blue matte board below the maquette heads to emulate the ambient blue reflection coming off the ice.


Lastly, a little bit of inking...



We escaped up into the mountains for a respite from the late summer's heat, but work still follows wherever we go.
I brought a bunch of sketched pages, already soaked, stretched and stapled to boards, ready to be inked. That seemed to be the most portable of all the comics many "in between" steps.




You really couldn't ask for a better studio. :]